Monday, August 1, 2011

Finally a Post!

Sorry!!
I haven't really baked or cooked anything worthwhile these past  couple of days and I did not want to bore you with any personal news/stories.
Today I made some really quick and easy food.
I rarely use recipes these days. I usually make up the recipe as I go or use a recipe as a really rough guideline and I usually end up changing all of it and making it my own.
Today I wanted something healthy for dinner ( I had a ginormous amount of French Vanilla Ice Cream today at my face ice cream shop in Hollyrood. $2 and you get a big bowl full!)
I made a vegetable curry soup and for dessert I made a cakey-cobbler type of dessert using up two frozen bananas.
Here are the recipes.

 (using my crappy no good camera)

Veggie Curry Soup
  • 1 lb lean ground beef, salted & seasoned
  • 1 onion
  • 1 cup chopped green beans
  • 1 cup chopped cabbage
  • any other veggies you want!
  • 4 cups water
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 Bouillon cube
  • 1 tsp-1tbsp Curry Powder
Roll meat into small meat balls & brown. Add onion. Transfer to soup pan (leave meat grease in frying pan)
Add other veggies and mix water with flour. Add to soup. It will act as a thickening  agent. Add bouillon and curry powder. Add any extra seasonings you would like.

& for dessert



Banana Anna
(catchy name?? it's not cake, it is not a cobbler nor a pudding. so what would you call it??)
  • 2 large frozen bananas cut into pieces & placed on bottom of small baking pan
  • 1 cup milk
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 1/8-1/4 cup margarine melted
  • 4 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 egg yolk or 1 egg
Mix all ingredients and pour over bananas. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment