I was going to take a picture of the last bite.....but I ate it before I realized. oops :)
This recipe makes one delicious pancake. Perfect for breakfast or anytime you are craving a pancake.
And because there is no oil, or sugar and contains whole wheat, sesame seeds, oats, and bran...it's super duper nutritious!
Super Healthy Pancakes
- 1/8 cup white flour (if you want nice fluffy not doughy pancakes DO NOT ommitt or use whole wheat!)
- 1/8 cup whole wheat flour (or white)
- 2 tbsp quick cook oats
- 5 tbsp wheat bran (or add a but extra flour)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 egg white beaten
- milk, about 1/4 cup
- vanilla extract
- flavouring such as cocoa, peanut butter, sugar, spices, cinnamon, choc chips, fruit, etc.
Bake on a griddle or in a pan.
Serve with anything you want.
I sprinkle a package splenda on top with a little sugar.