Monday, August 15, 2011

Peanuty Chickpeas & Rice

YUMMY!!


I have not poste anything for almost a week!! That is crazy. I really wanted to committ to this blog and post regularly with GOOD recipes not the last few I posted, they were good but not GOOD, if you know what I mean. I posted them because I needed to post something. However I should go back to quality not quantity.
I had a busy work week, taking a lot of extra shifts here and there (I work at Tim Hortons :) and trying to get some horse riding in as well. Not to forget my heifer (I show dairy cattle) I have been neglecting that poor animal.

(yup she looks like a beef cow!! she's fat!)but i love her anyways!

Me on my 3 year old gelding Major...He is such a cutie!!
Want to hear a funny story?
We were at a horse show (our first) and he has always walked in the trailer no probs except for when we wanted to leave! He stood in front of the trailer and wouldn't move. He did not kick, rear, paw, or go crazy. He just stood there....great. how were we going to get him home??
It took a team of us. Step by step we moved him into the trailer, he didn't move a muscle, we practically lifted a thousan pound animal  into the trailer. My horse (btw his name is Major) stayed calm and didn't try to kick the whole time. silly animals!

Ok, less talk about me and my animal stories lets get to food! (because after all that you got to be somewhat hungry!)



Looks incredible doesn't it?

Here is the recipe. Perfect for vegetarians!

Peanuty Chickpeas & Rice
  • Half a 16oz can (so 8oz) of chickpeas ....or garbanzo beans...whatever you call them!
  • 1/2 cup smooth low fat peanut butter
  • 2 tbsp reduced sodium soya sauce
  • 1 tbsp vegetable/olive oil (or ommitt for lower fat)
  • 1 tbsp sugar or splenda (or ommitt for a salty not sweet version)
  • 1 cup cooked rice (your choice of rice! I used regular white rice)
  • about 1/2 cup warm water
Instructions
Combine all ingredients except for rice and beans in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil on medium heat. After it boils add any extra sugar, soya sauce, peanut butter to suit your taste. Add water if sauce gets really thick. Once it is up to your taste remove from heat.
Add cooked rice and beans and combine.
That' s all!
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment