Thursday, July 21, 2011

Fabulous Fibre Muffins!

Wow, two posts in the same day?! Is that possible? I guess so!
I just finished work. I work at Tim Hortons.
I actually do not like  their muffins and they are loaded with fat and sugar!
I used a basic muffin recipe & changed some ingredients to make them healthy but still taste good.
However I did reduce the amount of fat to a healthy amount. (although I did have 3 bowls of ice cream today...I guess its a good thing I ate this muffin not something else lol)
I also changed it so it would have more fibre and be more satisfying but still taste good.
The key is moderate, do not cut all sugar and fat, instead limit the amount.
Baked goods without fat tend to be a rubbery texture and do not taste very good. good and has nutrients!
Ok here's the recipe before I forget!!

They are easy to make!
makes 12 good sized muffins
blurry....i know...stupid camera!

Fabulous Fibre Muffins
3/4 cup white flour (I reccomend using some white flour it binds the ingredients)
1/4 cup oatmeal (I use quick oats)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2  cup brown sugar (you can use regular or use mix of sugar and splenda type stuff if you want)
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp baking powder
1/4 water
1/2 cup 2% milk (you can use 3/4 cup low fat or 1% milk but do not add the water)
1/4 cup vegetable oil (substitute any kind of oil you like) If you want no oil, the muffins will not taste as good. This amount of oil isn't that much! you can bring it down to 1/8 cup and add apple sauce. It is up to you.
1/4 cup sour cream (or use another 1/4 c oil or yogurt or apple sauce or low fat sour cream) it adds moisture
1 egg
cinnamon *optional but highly recconded, muffins will taste bland otherwise.
**You can add fruit such as blueberries or apple, add mashed banana instead of sour cream. Add raisins, chocolate chips, nutmeg, ginger etc.

Mix all ingredients together. Scoop into muffin pan & bake for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Time depends on your oven!!

Enjoy :) taste good warm with a little butter or cold with a glass of chocolate milk.

Will post pictures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment