Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sweet Strawberry Davelish Dessert!

Home Grown Strawberries Magically turn into....
THIS!
Which morphs into.......

YUM!

Again, I though of this recipe by myself.
How did I come up with it?
I love cake & pudding, I had left over strawberries and I wanted something quick and easy and somewhat healthy.
I used radio pudding as a basis for my recipe.
For the syrup I cut the sugar in half and use white sugar (except I found it to be a bit too sweet so I lowered the amount in the recipe below)
only used 1 tsp margarine instead of a chunk of butter.
I kept the water the same amount.
I lined a 8 by 8 pan with about 1-2 cups of thawed strawberries (I froze ones from my garden, thawed them in the microwave and they become mushy but that's perfect for this recipe. I did not cut up the strawberries)
I poured the syrup on top and then made the cake recipe which I modified a little. Then baked in the oven.
Here's the recipe

Sweet Strawberry Davelish Dessert

  • 1-2 cups strawberries fresh or frozen ( amount depends on how much you want)
  • ** you can use other fruit such as blueberries, cherries, cranberries etc. or a combination of fruits
Spread them in a 8 by 8 square pan

for syrup
  • 1/4 and 2 tbsp sugar ( i do not reccomend a sugar substitute such as splenda because it needs to become syrup, thick an sticky.
  • 1 cup boiling water
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp margarine or butter or ommit
Combine all ingredients and boil for about a minute or two then pour on top of strawberries

for cake
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk (i used 2% but feel free to use any kind of milk or vegan milk.
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking powder
Combine and pour onto strawberries & syrup

--) Bake in 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes (until ready depends on how you want it, gooey or not)

Then....enjoy!
I served in wine glasses with some whipped cream :)
I already lowered the sugar content from when I made it, but feel free to experiment using less, if you like less sweetness then go for it!

Daily Nuggetttttt
Check out a site of mine
http://horsestar.ezweb123.com/

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh that sounds absolutely divine! Love the idea of using the syrup for the cake. It must be so moist!

    ReplyDelete