Thursday, July 21, 2011

My first post!! & The Way You Want Pancake

I created this blog almost a year ago and never did anything with it!
Then I came back to it yesterday and thought, mmm I can use a blog to share my recipes.
So that is what I did. I will write about random shit no one cares about but me. Hopefully I will get some followers.
But who wants to read a blog made by a teenager?
So I created this blog. I wanted to share the recipes I have come up with over the years, some from scratch others based off of other recipes.
My recipes can be modified-add sugar if you like it sweet, substitute things for butter if you really do need to lose the weight, add whole wheat flour or oats if you need more fibre, etc. It can be twisted to your nutritional needs or your taste buds.
Be aware that I do not have much of a sweet tooth so you might want to add more sweetner.
I also want to eat healthy and stay away from bad fats. I will incorporate nuts & other foods that contain good fats
Want to know something weird about me? I HATE cheese, everyone likes it but I cannot stand it! I have never liked it!!
I am an avid snacker, so I do not eat big meals.
I will include nutritional info once in a while but we all can mentally calculate whether or not the recipe is low cal/fat etc.
I am not vegan or vegetarian but I am not a big meat eater so I will include lots of vegeterian/vegan recipes. I do like my eggs & dairy!!
Anyways thats it for now. I will include a recipe of a healthy pancake for one that I have made every day this week I just love it so much & you can change it in so many ways depending on your likes!!

The Way You Want Pancake
ingredients-
  • about 1/2 cup-3/4 cup flour (I usually ise 1/8 cup white flour, 1/8 cup whole wheat flour, 1tbsp oats, 1 tbsp Brinta (wheat flakes) & 1tbsp wheat bran) *i suggest using atleats a little white flour or the dough will be funny texture!
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tbsp water
  • 4 tbsp milk (I use 2% but feel free to use all water or low fat milk or full fat milk or soy milk etc.)
  • spices (optional) I use cinnamon
  • egg white beaten so it is foamy (you get a light pancake) or full egg beaten (you get a fuller taste also fluffy & get valuable nutrients)
  • 1 tsp Vanilla extract
  • add ins--> choc chips, nuts, fruit, peanut butter :) etc
  • Optional add sweetner of choice about 1 tbsp - use some for on top but I do not have much of a sweet tooth!
  • * if gaining weight add a tsp of oil/butter, also adds flavour I find and less dense of pancake
Heat griddle.
Mix all dry ingredients add all wet ingredients except for egg, add egg once combined. Give a good stir, dough should be a little bubbly.
Pour dough onto hot griddle if non stick np butter needed otherwise add some.
You al should  know when its ready to flip & when its done.
Sprinkle some sugar or top with toppings or syrup or fruit and ENJOY!

Wow thats a complicated recipe for a pancake however once you find a way you like it you can make it under 5 minutes!
Makes one large pancake :)

Pictures to follow, I ate one today & forgot to take picture...ooops! tomorrow I promise!

xoxo,

A teen by the name JudyAngel101 (my name on the net)

No comments:

Post a Comment