Wednesday, July 27, 2011

First Green Beans of the Garden

Hello everyone :)
Yesterday I picked the first green beans from the garden this summer!!
What is more healthier than home grown veggies? Nothing!
You know that they are not sprayed with who knows what and that they do not have some kind of presevative on them.
So what did I make??
This is the most decent picture I could take before my camera went all broken on me!
I just grabbed some ingredients and made up the recipe as I went but boyyyy was it yummy!!
Also, it is perfect if you are avoiding using oil, this recipes does not use oil but stock to cook the veggies, this way actually adds flavour!
It is also perfect to use up any left over pasta you may have!
What do I call it??

Green Beans with Pasta (yup real original! jk I just want a name that actually tells you what the dish is)
  • 1/2-3/4 chicken stock  as needed(or I use warm water with a bouillon cube)
  • Pepper to taste
  • About 4 servings of pre-cooked pasta, any kind you want. I cooked it so its nice and soft
  • About 4 cups green beans cut into 1 inch pieces
  • Orange & Green peppers (add as much as you like)
  • Couple swiss chard leaves to fill you up & add nutrients
  • About a cup finely chopped Cabbage
  • ** you can add celery, carrots, onions, corn, peas, etc. This dish is versatile & you can use any veggies you need to use up or have in your fridge or are on sale.
  • ** you can add basil, thyme etc any spices that you like as well
Instructions~~~
On medium-high heat, cook beans with the stock until almost all cooked then add the rest of the ingredients.
Done!!!
That was easy & quick!!

Look out for more easy & delicious recipes posts!!

Daily Nugget: I biked 8 1/2 miles in  one hour!! not bad. It was a beautiful morning out here in the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment